Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Peanut and Purls and rambling mistakes...



I ate too much sushi tonight.
That's where I'm at right now. Sushi hell. If there were such a thing as the sushi sweats, I would have them. One time, my friend Jesse coined the term "meat sweats" after making a valiant attempt to eat a Claim Jumper's plate of "half-rack ribs" (shudder). It was gross, but I did enjoy that when he ordered, he said, "I'm going to go ahead and have your half-rack ribs with a biscuit." I guess you have to know Jesse but it was funny and endearing. Sometimes the Nicolai sisters quote that (I actually think it's just me and Christine).
Anyway, I'm rambling. That's what this post is about. Absolutely nothing...


I woke up, made coffee, and went upstairs to look out my front window. I recently discovered that since the fall winds have blown all the leaves off the trees, I now have a view of Mt. Rainier. It was the most pleasant of surprises. This last week has been really cold in the Pacific Northwest. Cool and clear. Super clear in fact, and we've been treated to some fantastic sunrises. It's bizarre to think that this view is hidden for half the year.

After I look at the mountain for a bit, I will myself to get ready for work. I go to work for 8 and some hours. I'm busy, but I get quite a bit done. I go home, feed the cats, turn up the heat, and go for a jog.

Once I get home I begin to crave sushi. It actually happened while I was jogging. I thought as soon as you're done jogging, you should call and order sushi. Then I congratulated myself on such a great idea. I remember thinking something like yeah, duh, it's almost Thanksgiving, treat yourself! What does that even mean?!? Sometimes I think that because I'm a pescatarian, I crave protein in the form of sushi. I think that's just something I like to convince myself of in order to justify wanting sushi.

So I did that. I ordered a salmon tempura roll and something called the baja california. It was going to take 15 minutes, so in the meantime I decide to work on painting my cats' newest cardboard house. I mean, obviously. I paint the house and end up getting paint on my jogging clothes, so I throw those in the wash and go to pick up sushi.

Normally I would be fine with having one regular-sized roll and a tempura or California roll. I mean I'd be full but not in pain, but tonight they included two helpings of miso soup...which I ate. WHY!?!?! So much liquid and salt. Mistake.

Next thing I know, I'm full of regret and cannot do anything but watch 2.5 episodes of the West Wing and lay on the couch. I'm beginning to think that part of me really wanted that to happen. Part of me was routing for a night on the couch with the West Wing and sushi sweats. The cats are happy. They're sleeping and fully support over indulging in sushi...but they're cats, so I probably shouldn't give them too much credit.


After those 2.5 episodes, I willed myself to get up and load the dishwasher. As I put the soap in the dishwasher I started laughing a lot. Today Christine may have added some liquid dish soap to the dishwasher and created a sudsy situation that would have been categorized as threat level orange. I don't know how she didn't know that you can't do that. Anyway, I got to be on the phone with her when she walked into the kitchen, and let me tell you, being able to experience that over the phone might have been the first gift of Christmas (shout out to the Chris Van Allsburg reference).

I need to wrap this up. Basically, I don't have anything else to show you because I spent most of the night either planning out my sushi dinner, eating my sushi dinner, and regretting my sushi dinner. Ergo, this is the best post I could come up with.


I am knitting, but it's nothing exciting. I picked up this project again. Yup, almost a year later, and I haven't finished it yet. Sigh.

Oh yeah, Peanut just jumped on counter, threw up in the sink, and then tried to cover it. Game over. Time for bed. Sorry, you just spent like a minute reading this.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! And I don't understand how Peanut's legs are arranged in that picture. Something's wrong with that cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer in treating yourself to a sushi coma every now & again - even if you always question your motives after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I want to hear Lauren. I'm already over last week's coma and ready to move on to the next one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...