Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Peanut & Purls & Halloween Cat Toys!


Halloween is getting closer and closer. My cats have certainly gotten into the Halloween spirit. It probably helps that I made them some Halloween feline toys to get them ready for all those trick or treaters. Seriously, they'll need to be high on catnip to not freak out from every little knock at the door.


If you've been following the blog, you probably know that I'm known to make some holiday cat toys in the past. My first batch was for thanksgiving last year. I made some awesome Thanksgiving cat toys. Check them out (your cat will be super sad if you don't). I also included very detailed instructions on how to make the toys.

This year I decided that I would give Genevieve a fighting change against Peanut (always the bully) by making her a big ole butcher's knife. I didn't want to encourage cat-on-cat violence too much, so I made a candy corn and a pumpkin too.


I could barely finish making these toys without the cats pouncing. Even Genevieve, normally the sweet one, got that look in her eye and was all like, "Let me at that knife. NOW!"


Peanut got her little snout right up in that candy corn and just starting huffing the catnip. If you think about it, these two black and whites are total pushers. Maybe I should stage an intervention...?


Genevieve, Peanut....I've seen catnip affect your life negatively in the following ways. I really do enjoy a good intervention episode. I heard they stopped making them.


Once I broke up the fight, Genevieve went back to her trusty spot on the couch.


Peanut decided to wait her kitty high out and watch over her toys. She is claiming the candy corn as her toy (that's what it means when her paw sits on something).


These cat toys have always been a hit, and they really don't take that long to make at all. You can make them as plain or as fancy as you want. I made my Thanksgiving toys a little bit snazzier. The St. Valentine's Day cat toys were somewhere in the middle. Be sure to check those out too.

Interested in more cat-loving posts? Check these other things we've made for cats:
Knitted hearts for cats
Felted toys
Cat cottage
DIY cat scratching post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...