Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Make: Spring come alive.


I haven't had a lot of time lately with (work and being lost in transitions) to be creative in a real productive way. Hopefully that will change soon as life's pace steadies for all of us. I have to say that this weekend there was some furniture moved around in the homestead, and that typically stirs things up in the ole' creative brain pan, so fingers crossed.

Bu the furniture wasn't the only new arrangement introduced in to the house this weekend, the decor got a little Springtime makeover as well...



I pulled down some of my (many) ceramic birds to sit as a colorful stationary aviary. (This one always reminds me of splash mountain... sigh, Disneyland it's been too long.)


But spring can't be sprung without new growth, so naturally the additional of some clovers was necessary.

(clovers compliments of Dawn)



And with Easter this weekend Dawn also brought home some lovely peonies (which are one of my favorite flowers, and I am sure yours as well).


I cleared out the dead plants from some of my planters, and proclaimed, 'This time it will be different, I will not let you perish!'. Who knows if I will actually be able to keep these alive, I guess I'll have to post an update later on.

All in all, I feel like there's Spring in the house, and with that creativity will bloom. Is that too Hallmark-y? Oh well I suppose the creative voice in my writing is also suffering. 

Don't you think the birthday ferns Catherine gave me are oh so charming? Maybe I will just look to them for inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...