Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wood burned spoons


After seeing Alisa Burke's wood burned spoons, I decided to break out my wood burning tool and fancify a couple wooden spoons for Second Christmas. Now we all know how I struggle with straight lines, so my arrows are, admittedly, a bit on the wobbly side. However, the wood-burned stops and starts and wobbly lines only reminds me of the arrows Robin Hood uses in the animated Disney movie. I like everything about that, and I'm betting the sisters feel the same...



There's a handy tutorial on Alisa Burke's blog, Redefine Creativity. Her wooden spoons have an intricate tribal design that I could never ever match. So many straight lines--she must be a witch or something. Anyway, wood burning is practically the easiest thing in the world. You might remember my first foray into the art with the Deathly Hallows plaque. I should amend my previous statement: wood burning is the easiest thing in the world if you don't mind mistakes. There's not really a way to hide mistakes when they're burned into something. Keep that in mind, would-be wood burners. Godspeed.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...