Thursday, April 19, 2012

One was pink and the other gold.

I decided I was done with these gold "hecho in mexico" frames I'd purchased at estate sales over the years. They needed something new and fresh done to them, so I thought....spray paint. I have 2 different frames like this, but one is a little bit more ornate. They both worked out well. I also printed new pictures from last fall's vacation to Iceland/Copenhagen/Stockholm.


 The before shots.




One was pink, the other a blue/gray. 


 Best to do this part outside.


 Spray the shit out of the frame.


This is the first frame I did. After it was all dry (about 30 minutes), I brought it inside.




You'll notice that this frame has a natural border on the inside. This is made up of some weird canvas material. I thought it was the perfect place to put an accent color. I dug out my acrylic paints, and decided to mix white and orange and paint the border a light orange. Fact: It took a long time to paint the orange stripe and it was tedious!


I'll be honest, at first, I didn't love it, but it really has grown on me.
It adds a bright pop to the room and definitely updates the frame.


The colors seem to compliment the nice scene of one of the many harbor streets we saw in Copenhagen.



4 comments:

  1. NICE! We both have 73 followers :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this!! I'm looking for tips on spray-painting a plastic frame and this is close enough. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, the best advice I've come across is to spray multiple thin, even coats. I've had a couple spray paint disasters where I tried to lay it on thick and ended up with crackled gunky paint. Don't make the same mistake. Good luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...