Thursday, September 2, 2010

deep in the projects

Yeah, I've got several going right now and some ideas on the old back burner, simmering away. But Nic is the one who's really been impressing me lately. She's a knitting maniac and has skills like I don't know what. She's the party responsible for the piece of work below. Actually, both the sisters dear have some crazy knitting skills. Monika has been making little pieces of fruit: pears, oranges, apples, blood oranges? I don't even know. And her catnip-infused 2009 Christmas presents to the kitties had a Mr. McGregor's Garden theme. Turnips, carrots, radishes, red onions. It was insane. I should try to find a picture...


Someone has scarf skills.


Who will do the dishes? Megan tells me Aaron will.

So, what have I been up to? Well, I made a little tea towel as part of a house-warming gift. I mean, I didn't sew it or anything--anyone who knows me knows that my sewing abilities are such that I dream about one day being classified as having rudimentary skills--I made a pattern, transferred it to a pre-sewn tea towel, and colored it in with a Sharpie. That's the sort of thing I do. It's not very elegant, I know. But it gets the job done.


P.S. The Elliottland font was free. What?! I know. Downloaded from the Abstract Fonts website. Totally one of my new favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...